Yelp is a platform where users post reviews and rate your business. These ratings and reviews build an impression on the new user on your Yelp profile. The more positive reviews you get on your Yelp page, the more people feel encouraged to buy from you. Therefore, creating a Yelp profile for your business is one of the essential parts of online marketing.
Some Statistics to Reveal the Benefits of Yelp Reviews
- Over 40% of customers admitted that they check reviews on Yelp before visiting a business.
- Over 92% of customers who use consumer online reviews platform say that they purchase after checking out Yelp Reviews.
- Yelp gets over 145 million unique visitors per month.
However, it is essential to have a well-optimized Yelp profile. All you need to implement Yelp optimization strategies given below.
Create an Account on Yelp
If you don’t have a Yelp account, it is easy to get started.
- Visit Biz.yelp.com and click Get Started. Your business can be already listed and found by typing in your zip code and your business name. If it is not listed there, click Add Now and fill out your business info.
- Enter your email address and password to create a free Yelp account.
- The verification code will be sent to your email ID. Use this code to verify your account. Or you can call the number listed on your page.
- You will be notified when Yelp approves your page. It might take a couple of days.
Fill Out All Important Business Information
Make sure to provide important information about your business. Complete information helps improve the customer experience. Here are some important things to fill in your profile:
- Business Name
- Address, Neighborhood, ZIP Code
- Opening and Closing Time
- Contact Details like Phone Number, Email ID, and Website
- Price Range
- Payment Methods Accepted by You.
Adding images or your business will make it your Yelp listing appealing and convincing. Use the “Photos” feature in your profile dashboard. From your building, products, menu card, and people, the photos can represent your business’s varying aspect. Not only will your listing look impressive, but it also encourages the customer to explore more.
Respond to Reviews, Both Good and Bad Ones
Responding to reviews shows that you care about your customers. You can see both good and bad reviews about your business. While you can say a simple thank for their nice words, assure your customer of better services, or explain why things go wrong in case of getting negative reviews.
Work Proactively to Get Reviews
Yelp is all about getting reviews (good ones) from the customers so that others can feel encouraged to buy from you. If your Yelp page is silent and has little to no reviews, you can find it challenging to find new customers.
Work proactively to get Yelp reviews to drive more results.
- Tell your customers that you are on Yelp. For inviting them to review, the message can be like this “Find us on Yelp” instead of “Review us on Yelp.”
- Add a link to your Yelp page on your website, emails, and other social media platforms.
- Respond to the reviews of the customers.
- Go for free Yelp Stickers and signage through Yelp for Business Owners dashboard.
- Share your best Yelp reviews on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, as well as offline materials like brochures.
This way, you will get more reviews, which will add to your Yelp Profile optimization.
Opting for Yelp Badges
Well, this is the extension of the previous point. Yelp or Review Badges let you showcase your business’s reviews on your website. Besides, they notify every time you get a new review. And these are free features that can be installed by going to the Review Badges section of Yelp for Business.
Opting for paid features like Yelp Advertising helps you take a giant leap towards visibility and traffic. Like other advertising services, it shows your business in front of a customer and promotes it across all platforms such as desktop, mobile website, and mobile app. Yelp has recently integrated its Ads Dashboard into Yelp for Businesses, providing better control over the presence and visibility of listing on the platform.
Case Study: A Success Story of an Auto Store with Yelp!
Now that you must have understood about Yelp “SEO,” here is a small success story of how an auto store skyrocketed its sales after using Yelp. It will boost your morale, too.
(Name is removed due to privacy issues)
The business has been providing auto care services for over 40 years. It has been struggling to get customers over time. The management has decided to choose online reviews to attract new customers. To make this happen, they opt for Yelp annual advertising program.
- Focused on targeted ad placement when targeted customers searched for “auto care” and other related terms.
- Removed the ads of competitors from its Yelp listing.
- Included a video and images to the listing.
- User Views Improved by 46% on Yelp
- 46% More Clicks Directed to its Website from Yelp
- 31% More Mobile Calls from Yelp Users.
If this auto store can see success with Yelp optimization, you can too.
What do you think? Let us know by commenting below.