Use these SEO tips to get more traffic to your Shopify website so that you can convert them to sale.
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms as it houses over 600,000 businesses worldwide. Thanks to its interactive features, attractive templates, plenty of payment gateways and 24/7 support!
However, it’s one thing making an attractive and smooth online store over Shopify. And it is quite another to get organic traffic through SEO to it. In other words, there is no use of having an attractive e-commerce website unless you get traffic to it.
So in this blog, we are going to discuss key SEO factors that can improve the traffic of your Shopify website.
1. Choose Right Keywords:
Right keywords help you attract right shoppers to your online store. Also, it will help your store show up on the top SERPS and get organic traffic as well. Although there are keywords generator tools, make sure to choose the right set that your audience uses in their search terms. Create two lists of keywords: firstly, your primary keywords and secondly, a list of LSI keywords.
2. Improve Page Speed:
Load time and site performance are important to get success in the e-commerce zone. That is the fact—more consumers accessing the online stores or buy products from their smartphone and they expect sites to load fast as soon as they click on them. And Google has mandated the websites to improve their page load time in order to be ranked. Slow loading web pages are annoying and prompt customers to abandon the site. Here are the tips to increase the speed of your Shopify website.
- Compress the images.
- Choose a fast and responsive theme for your website.
- Reduce HTTP requests using HTTP Requests Checker tool.
- Fix broken links and apply 301 redirects using “URL Redirect” tool in Shopify.
3. Remove Duplicate Content:
The content that completely matches with other web pages is called duplicate content. E-commerce websites are likely to have a high percentage of duplicate content due to similar product descriptions or page titles. The major harm of duplicate content is that your site won’t get ranking or Google show the most relevant pages. Irrespective of all results, duplicate content is not good for your Shopify website.
Therefore, use plagiarism checker tools like Copyscape to find if your website has duplicate content. If so, consider removing it. Try to create a unique product description and title for each product or page.
4. Optimize Product Pages:
Product pages are the lifeline of your e-commerce website. Therefore, they should be properly optimized to ensure a high engagement with the shoppers. Here are some tips to do that…
- Provide unique and proper description so that a user can understand the features of a product. It helps a user find all the features on a single page which in turn increases the conversions. And it will benefit your ranking.
- Mention important information like shipment and delivery time.
- A customer review section not only provides information about the quality of a product but also a great medium of user-generated content that can boost your SEO.
- Keep the navigation simple and straight forward as possible.
- All product pages should be linked to the home page of the store so that users can find it easy to go back to the homepage.
5. Optimize the Product Images:
Like other parts of your website, make sure to optimize the images for better SEO results. The key reason is that they appear in Google Image SERPs which can drive traffic to your store. Here are some basic tips to optimize product images on your Shopify store:
- Use Alt tag in all your product images choosing right keywords. However, Alt tag should be unique for multiple images.
- Create a strong URL structure for your image URLs.
- Include text in your product images.
6. Submit Your Sitemap.xml to Google Search Console:
A sitemap is a model of a website to help search engines navigate or crawl the site. It is important for your SEO as sitemaps make it easier for Google to locate your website’s pages. Web pages are as important as websites from an SEO viewpoint.
Generally, Shopify automatically generates a sitemap.xml file that includes all the links to the all the pages of your website and product as well. Make sure to add your sitemap to Google Search Console or Bing Webmaster Tool to let your site be crawled or indexed.
7. Do Link Building:
Link building is an important part of SEO. It is a practice of getting other websites to link back to your website. The more links you have, the more authoritative you will be considered by Google. There are many ways to leverage link building for your Shopify websites, and some of them are…
- Create compelling content so that people can share it.
- Approach the bloggers to review your products on their site.
- Create guest posts on popular blogging sites.
- Ask your manufacturer for a link.
- Create press releases.
Apart from using these SEO tips for your Shopify website, make sure to take care of your user experience by providing them with a quality product and easy interface.
Do you want to say something on the topic of SEO for Shopify?
Please let us know by commenting below.