…Thus, updating your website becomes essential. And not only for the visitor’s sake, updating a website increases the website security, prevents hacking, helps in your internet marketing strategy and also increases the traffic to your website. So, now you must have got the exact idea, how important it is for the businesses to update their website regularly.
The question now arises; ‘updating’ is what terms? So, a website can be updated in several ways. Find out the three main ways your website needs to be updated.
This is one of the major reasons. Your website might get hacked because of vulnerabilities which occur due to an out of date framework or plug-in. Learn the two easy ways to keep it fresh:
- Your business website should use a website framework which is highly secured. You have various options like WordPress, drupal, Joomla, etc. that help you in making your websites secure from threats and vulnerabilities.
- Using plug-ins for additional functionality is a common thing these days and hackers occasionally find vulnerabilities within these plug-ins. Thus, keeping a third party resource to update and fix these security issues is an ideal way out.
Another significant website update involves content which helps increasing the search traffic and convert your visitors into potential customers. Check how to go ahead with content updates:
- It’s essential that your content communicate to your target market. Thus, serve them with content that presents the benefits of your products and services.
- Secondly, content creation should be focused on keyword targeting. More are the number of pages on your website providing information about your products and services; more are the chances you show up to your targeted audiences.
Don’t limit your focus solely to content and internet marketing. It is equally important to pay attention towards the user-friendliness and design of your website. A website with obnoxious colors, difficult navigation bars, non-responsive design, etc. can cause harm to your rank and market too. You need:
- Responsive web design because 30% of web traffic drives from mobile devices. Such websites automatically update to fit the screen size of the device, giving visitors a better user experience.
- The design of your website must revolve around the needs of your target audience. Providing them with easily accessible web pages and engaging content is a must.
Therefore, a regularly updated website is safe from threats, have higher conversion rate and provide a user-friendly experience to the customers.